Links to review:
- restoration --04:34, 11 December 2013 (EST)~
- basics --Felsir Felsir (talk) 07:09, 11 December 2013 (EST)
- Arcade_Cabinet Felsir (talk) 05:35, 12 December 2013 (EST)
- Driving_Controls Felsir (talk) 05:39, 17 December 2013 (EST)
- Lighting (currently only deals with marquee, should eventually include all lighting options and branch out to specialized pages) Felsir (talk) 10:17, 18 December 2013 (EST)
The list of emulators is outdated/incomplete (new stuff has arrived since the old wiki!). Once the FAQ is done, I think the emulator section will be my top priority (as this is where I struggled the most when setting up my own cabinet).Felsir (talk) 07:44, 8 January 2014 (EST)
Topics to fix/review:
Images to find/make/fix:
Types of Cabs (small) -- Banner with Sketchup line drawing of each sub-type with human figure for scale.
What is JAMMA/JAMMA+? -- Pic of 56-pin JAMMA connector.
Mounting joysticks -- 4-player "straight" vs. "angled" joysticks.
Mounting options -- Diagram showing Top-mount, Under-mount (non-recessed), Under-mount (recessed), Threaded inserts, and Support blocks.
How do I wire microswitches to an encoder? -- Diagram or picture showing three microswitches wired to an encoder and a daisy-chain ground.
Single-Color and RGB LED buttons -- Pic showing the lighting and switch wiring.
I think this is too detailed for the FAQ, but it should be moved to a section dedicated to MAME. I've copied it here so it won't be lost :-)Felsir (talk) 07:43, 8 January 2014 (EST) Use clrmamepro http://mamedev.emulab.it/clrmamepro/ or your emulator's "Audit" function (if available) to check the version and filenames of ROMs compared to your emulator program version.