- Manufacturer: Sega
- First available: 1998 (Japan), 1999 (USA & Europe)
- Media: GD-ROMs
- Wikipedia link: Sega Dreamcast
- Controller: A gamepad with 1 'start' button, 4 digital buttons (A,B,X,Y), 4 digital direction buttons, 1 analogue joystick, 2 analogue triggers.
- Players: Up to 4 players.
Dedicated cabinet info
The Sega Dreamcast knows many direct arcade conversions - the Sega NAOMI arcade boards use the same technology, so those games were easily ported. Games like Soul Calibur, Virtua Tennis and Gunbird are arcade perfect conversions. The Dreamcast also has native VGA and composite video output making it very suitable for an arcade cabinet.
The gamepads can be hacked to make the Dreamcast interface with the arcade buttons. There are also commercially available arcade control panels that directly connect to the Dreamcast.
Emulators for this console
There is only one emulator that exists for this console:
- Dreamcast emulation site
- BYOAC console forum, with many threads on using a Dreamcast as base for an arcade cabinet.
|Visit the Brief view of all classic consoles.|