Jump to navigation Jump to search
Details are to be found on the MaLa Website on how to a achive a quick and easy set-up.
The following information is posted here to suppliment that.
Quick MAME setup
- Download the Windows command line version of MAME from the MAMEDev Release page.
- Extract MAME in a directory on your harddisk (eg c:\mame)
- Optional: Download catver.ini (adds game genre information)
- Optional: Download controls.ini (adds game control information)
- Optional: Download history.dat (adds history/descriptions for each game)
- Copy all optional files into your MAME directory
- Download MaLa from the download page
- Remember you don't have to use the latest version as that is not always the best in terms of speed. Start with a version that matches your rom-set
- Extract or install the program on your harddisk
- Execute MaLa
The options dialog will open
- Point the MAME executable to your mame.exe file
- MaLa will create a mame.ini and a mame.xml file for you if not found
- Enter a rom path and a snap path
- Close the dialog and MaLa will ask you to refresh the main game list.
Accessing more options later:
- Remember to just click with your right mouse button somewhere on the background to open a popup menu.
|Back to Mala Wiki - Mala Forum|