Arcade Music Box
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- OS: Windows 98+
- Cost: Freeware (donations accepted)
- Skinnable: Full - change all artwork, all interface can been changed (resize, moveable and resoulution).
- Re-mappable keys: Yes
- Monitor orientation(s): Horizontal, Vertical, Dualscreen
- Screen resolution(s): Best under 320x240 and 640x480
- Main Control(s) Joystick, Spinner
- Supported media format(s): BASS cda cdg avi mpeg url
- Format Orientation(s): Album & Singles-oriented
- Additional Requirements: Windows Media Player required for videos, netradio and wma.
- Homepage: Arcade Music Box
- Additional Details:
- Arcade Music Box 2 is an HTPC-like jukebox interface that also supports videos and netradio and was designed to work with limited controls in a windows-based arcade cabinet. It has been designed with MAMEWAH as its reference and will act very similar in use to it.
- It was also designed to use Dir Mask and File Mask to avoid ID3 tags and the problems inherent with bad tagging in large music collections. Using this method, it will check how your collection is used across your hard drive. If you would prefer to use ID3v1 and/or ID3v2 tags, Arcade Music Box 2 still IS capable of using them.
- Arcade Music Box can also be used like MS Explorer (no database used, relies on cache files instead), but is only used full screen mode, i.e. no signs of Windows.
- Arcade Music Box separates both albums and singles, as well as utilizing videos and netradio. In this way, your structured album collection can work seamlessly alongside your singles (such as those you may have downloaded), video, and any netradio you may enjoy by using their own folder path.
- BONUS GAME: Arcade Music Box 2 has a "name that song" game.
- Arcade Music Box was created by Spacefractal, who is an active member in the BYOAC forums, where support can also be found in this thread
NOTE: Arcade Music Box is not update anymore, because lose of the source (mostly). Instead I may went to create a completly fresh jukebox application in the next year.
|Visit the list of Jukebox software.|