Jump to navigation Jump to search
Here's how the author of ArcadeFX describes his work:
- "ArcadeFX is my interpretation of almost everything I want in a MAME front-end that runs under Windows with a PC monitor:
- I wanted something that looked as good, if not better, than any game.
- I did not want it to look like a standard Windows application develped with C++ or VB.
- I wanted it to be very eye pleasing. It must also lock the user out of the window environment as much as possible.
- I wanted the UI to be skinable so I can change the interface when I got bored with it.
- I wanted it to be almost entirely controlled with a joystick or trackball and only the ESC and ENTER buttons.
- For the most part, these are the requirements when I started this project in July of 2001. Was I asking too much? I did not think so. So with a good friend of mine we began the path of creating our perfect MAME front-end that runs under Windows."
ArcadeFX features include:
- Key Mapping for all non admin features.
- Marquee and flyer change as you scroll through games.
- If no marquee is available then MAME flyer is displayed.
- If no flyer is available then ArcadeFX flyer is displayed.
- Display shows n of n game below currently selected game.
- Letter/Number of current position is displayed above currently selected game.
- Current configurable options include Rotate Left/Right, Flip x/y, Maximize, Scan Lines,Triple Buffer, Controller: HotRod SE, Mouse, Joystick, and Sound on/off.
- You can make your own skins for the UI. Template is available on the download site.
- MAME categories let you sort your ROMs for easy access.
- Up to 4 custom categories to keep your favorites easily handy.
- ROM Maintenance feature lets you move/copy/delete ROMs from/to any category.
- Clicking the ArcadeFX logo in the upper right corner show hidden admin options. These require keyboard access and include: MAME Configuration, ROM Maintenance, Batch ROM Organizer, Skin Selection, Custom Keys, AFX Cinema, Help, Restart, Quit AFX.
- Support to play Dave Dries QuickTime arcade movies right in the UI. Very cool to watch these. Just like going to the movies.
- Full screen snap navigation. Twenty at a time for easily find your ROMs by clicking on the snap in the cabinet.
Note: NOT UNDER ACTIVE DEVELOPMENT
|Visit the Front-End index.|