It is critical that you use proper safety equipment when working with power tools, paints, glues and other dangerous materials.
- Safety glasses. Going blind due to an accident will make all of your work useless, right? Put 'em on!
- Ear plugs or ear muffs. Many power tools produce EXTREMELY loud noise, and temporary deafness (and possibly permanent too) can and does occur. Put 'em in or on, but USE 'EM!
- Many of the materials produce dust. You may not even be able to see some of these dusts. MDF, in particular, produces toxic dust. Any and all things you breath in will cause short-term effects. The long-term effects are even worse. Get a face mask, and put it on. Your lungs will thank you for it.
Shop Safety Supplies
- It is highly recommended that you have a fire extinguisher nearby while working in the shop. Make sure that you know how to use it and that it is charged and undamaged.
- You should also have a first-aid kit and telephone nearby in case of accidents. It is always a good idea to periodically review basic first aid procedures.