- OS: Windows, Mac OS X, Linux
- Cost: Open Source
- Re-mappable keys: Yes
- Monitor orientation(s): Vertical and Horizontal
- Emulated System(s): Nintendo Entertainment System/Famicom
- Known Game Compatability List:
- Homepage: Http://Nestopia.Sourceforge.Net/
- Additional Requirements:
What is Emulator?
an open source Nintendo Entertainment System(NES)/Famicom emulator designed to emulate the NES hardware as accurately as possible. Supports .nes and .unf/.unif format ROMs, .fds discs and .nsf music rips.
How do I set it up?
Nestopia out of the box is perfect for the arcade environment. One key feature is the ability to remap every keystroke function of the emulator. Nestopia is standalone so all you need to do to run it is obtain the binaries and suited ROMs. The version ported to Linux may need to be compiled.